Welcome to the Australasian Society of Breast Physicians
Welcome to the website of the Australasian Society of Breast Physicians, a small but dedicated professional association founded in Australia in 1990 for doctors who work either solely or predominantly in Breast Medicine, or who have a keen interest in this important field of practice. The main objects of the Society as defined in our Constitution are to:
- advance education, training and research in the practice of medicine in relation to diseases of the breast
- determine and maintain professional standards for breast physicians in Australia and New Zealand
- facilitate the accreditation of those suitably trained medical practitioners who are committed to practising breast medicine
- provide authoritative advice, information and opinion concerning diseases of the breast to other professional bodies, to government and to the public.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASBP
The ASBP is an independent, non-profit organisation funded entirely by membership subscriptions. There are two main categories of membership:
- Associate Membership, for Australian and New Zealand doctors with a special interest in the field of breast medicine
- Fellowship, for those who meet all the requirements of the ASBP training program, thereby demonstrating a high level of skill in clinical knowledge, physical breast examination, imaging, biopsy techniques, counselling and non-surgical treatment of breast-related conditions.